Quexal is a free software application from the Compilers & Interpreters subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-05-29. The program can be installed on Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP.
MMX/SSE instructions can greatly enhance the performance of the following applications: multimedia (audio/video), communications, DSP kernels, 2D and 3D graphics, image processing and speech recognition.
But current compilers do not support these instructions.
Now there is a better way: Quexal, a development environment aimed at MMX/iSSE programmers.
Here is how Quexal will help you get the job done quickly and easily:
- flatten the learning curve! you can work with well understood concepts, such as variables and common operations, instead of registers and cryptic MMX/SSE opcodes;
- take it easy! its custom designed graphical interface guides you step by step, displaying only relevant options;
- work faster! the compiler optimizes source code into optimally scheduled MMX/SSE assembly code that can be directly pasted into any other development environment, thus taking the optimization phase, the most time-consuming and error prone one, out of the development cycle;
- save an upgrade! you can use MMX and iSSE instructions even if your compiler does not support them, as the bytecode compiler turns source instructions directly into machine language; Quexal supports the Microsoft Visual C++, Borland C++ Builder and Borland Delphi compilers;
- bug killer! includes a visual Debugger that re-arranges source code in a graph showing dependency bonds among instructions; you can enter source values and analyze what the instructions defined in source code do, and therefore easily detect troublesome spots;
- become a code guru - instantly! the optimized code is as good as that written by world class programmers, but no knowledge of micro architectural designs is required;
- maintaining code? no problem! you can modify the source code in the Quexal environment and then optimize it again, instead of changing MMX/iSSE code listings.
Quexal (version 1.9.2) has a file size of 4.45 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 114 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.